SEG Folding QD (Suppressor Quick Disconnect)
Mil Spec done right
Military specifications require that a suppressor/silencer is quick connecting and disconnecting.
Existing solutions only have it half right
· Normally suppressors attach to barrels using high tolerance threads to perfectly align the bores. The current quick disconnect solution was to substitute those high tolerance threads with high tolerance male and female tapers. In the manufacturing industry that taper is called a machine taper or a Morse taper (named after the man who invented it in the 1860’s).
· In the 1860’s this taper was designed to stick and that’s what it still does today. Although this tapered connection is quick to connect, after normal use this solution gets hot and is not so easy to disconnect.
· There are reports of sticking silencers in the field. The result has led to beating suppressors on the ground and trees, as well as causing damage to equipment.
SEG designed a patent pending solution
· The SEG engineers looked for solution to the taper problems and designed a high tolerance folding hinge mount that precisely locates your suppressor in the ON or OFF positions.
· This new design utilizes a face-to-face mating that does not stick.
· With a push of a button your suppressor can be folded away (Similar to a folding stock).
· Great for maneuvering in tight or congested areas like a forest.
· All other suppressor mounts are nearly impossible to remove when heated to full auto temperatures.
· Guns can be very long with a suppressor on the end, the folding hinge mount is the perfect solution for hunting or compact transport.
· Provides a smarter place to store your hot suppressor.
· With a push of your hand, your suppressor can be snapped in place for quick use.
· Quicker deployment for hearing safe use. For the users and the people around them.
· With equal speed you can spare your suppressor from full auto fire. Suppression is for stealth, full-auto is for emergencies.
· Any brand silencer can fit on this design. A useful feature in a hostile environment.
· With different inserts this mount can be adapted to most threaded guns.
· Accepts serviceable suppressors.
· Doesn't require up to a third of the baffle space for mounting.